Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sifinity

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2014
Texas
I checked their website and they have some AMAZING deals.

Their AppleCare is cheap.

And their Accidental Damage Protection FOR 5 YEARS is $119.95 (laptop up to $2000). Too good to be true?

How reputable and reliable are they? Not a scam?
And hopefully they have good reviews.
I never heard of them, but if they do have good reviews, I might even get both- Apple Care and their accidental protection plan.

Thanks!

its not a scam for sure , adorama is a very reputable company and the warranty is also insured and accredited by the better business bureau , so i doubt that its a scam

----------

And their Accidental Damage Protection FOR 5 YEARS is $119.95 (laptop up to $2000). Too good to be true?

I never heard of them, but if they do have good reviews, I might even get both- Apple Care and their accidental protection plan.

Thanks!

i was thinking about getting both , but whats the point , i might as well get the accidental damage protection and if that breaks and they send me another one then spend the $120 or $250 again and be good to go , why spend double the money and also get apple care when i can get it replaced and buy warranty then

----------

Sifinity

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2014
Texas

Thanks!

also your looking at the wrong warranty ; heres the link to the accidental damage one ;http://www.adorama.com/NLLPA3U2K.html , you have to read the title the other one didn't say accidental damage , also since its through adorama i doubt its going to be that bad ; i just called adorama and you have to purchase a laptop from them in order to get the warranty -.-

Last edited:

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
I've never bothered with AppleCare for macs. It's just too expensive to not cover accidental damage. I never call AppleCare, every problem I've ever had was fixed with a quick google search or common sense. And the common issues (Display failure, logic board failure) will usually happen in the first year if they are going to happen at all.

Apple builds incredibly reliable machines. I've spent $150 on two minor component repairs for the three macs I've owned in the last 10 years. Had I bought AC for all of them, I would have ended up spending a lot more over-all.

If they had AppleCare+ it might change the equation! but I treat my retina MacBook Pro like it's the holy grail and treat it so gently that it still looks as good as the day it came out of the box, not one single scratch or dent.

Mobile devices, on the other hand, such as iPhones and iPads...I am so clumsy with small devices and drop them so frequently that I've gotten AC+ on all of them.

Sifinity

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2014
Texas
i just called adorama warranty there claim line is pretty good , they said they cover most things if you have accidental damage , they don't cover normal wear and tear though , but drops & spills are covered with accidental damage and i think thats a lot better than apple care. imo I'm a get that no reason to spend the money on two warranties

vmv89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
I've never bothered with AppleCare for macs. It's just too expensive to not cover accidental damage. I never call AppleCare, every problem I've ever had was fixed with a quick google search or common sense. And the common issues (Display failure, logic board failure) will usually happen in the first year if they are going to happen at all.

Apple builds incredibly reliable machines. I've spent $150 on two minor component repairs for the three macs I've owned in the last 10 years. Had I bought AC for all of them, I would have ended up spending a lot more over-all.

If they had AppleCare+ it might change the equation! but I treat my retina MacBook Pro like it's the holy grail and treat it so gently that it still looks as good as the day it came out of the box, not one single scratch or dent.

Mobile devices, on the other hand, such as iPhones and iPads...I am so clumsy with small devices and drop them so frequently that I've gotten AC+ on all of them.

How do you take care of your Mac? What case, screen protector, sleeve do you use? How do you clean it?
I am also right now researching on whether Speck cases are overheating the laptop as well as whether keyboard covers or trackpad covers are scratching the screens. Would like to know how you keep your Macbooks looking fresh.
As of right now, I think of getting Invisible Shield film for the whole body instead of Speck case.

Thanks!

----------

i just called adorama warranty there claim line is pretty good , they said they cover most things if you have accidental damage , they don't cover normal wear and tear though , but drops & spills are covered with accidental damage and i think thats a lot better than apple care. imo I'm a get that no reason to spend the money on two warranties

So they cover accidental damage (drops,spills). But what if the MacBook just fails to work without any accidents after Apple's one year insurance expires? Do they cover regular malfunctions as well? If so, I do not see a reason to get AppleCare.

I purchased MacBook from Apple Store. Can I buy just the insurance/warranty from Adorama?

Also, where do they fix laptops? Is it only in New York? Ship/return? Or do they have many locations throughout US?

COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME A LINK TO THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION, I CAN'T FIND IT ON THE WEBSITE. WANTED TO ASK FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT THE WARRANTY/INSURANCE.

Thank you so much!:)

Sifinity

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2014
Texas
How do you take care of your Mac? What case, screen protector, sleeve do you use? How do you clean it?
I am also right now researching on whether Speck cases are overheating the laptop as well as whether keyboard covers or trackpad covers are scratching the screens. Would like to know how you keep your Macbooks looking fresh.
As of right now, I think of getting Invisible Shield film for the whole body instead of Speck case.

Thanks!

----------

So they cover accidental damage (drops,spills). But what if the MacBook just fails to work without any accidents after Apple's one year insurance expires? Do they cover regular malfunctions as well? If so, I do not see a reason to get AppleCare.

I purchased MacBook from Apple Store. Can I buy just the insurance/warranty from Adorama?

Also, where do they fix laptops? Is it only in New York? Ship/return? Or do they have many locations throughout US?

COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME A LINK TO THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION, I CAN'T FIND IT ON THE WEBSITE. WANTED TO ASK FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT THE WARRANTY/INSURANCE.

Thank you so much!:)

actually i was wrong , you can buy the warranty from adorama separately it just has to be within 14 days , and idk about where they fix it , also they cover malfunctions and spills and drops if you have accidental damage , ; http://www.adorama.com/col/AdminPageFragments/pdf/New_Leaf_Terms _Conditions.pdf , heres there contract and heres there contact number 1.877.659.6518

vmv89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
actually i was wrong , you can buy the warranty from adorama separately it just has to be within 14 days , and idk about where they fix it , also they cover malfunctions and spills and drops if you have accidental damage , ; http://www.adorama.com/col/AdminPageFragments/pdf/New_Leaf_Terms _Conditions.pdf , heres there contract and heres there contact number 1.877.659.6518

I purchased MacBook one week ago, but still waiting for it to be delivered. I guess I have another week to purchase an Adorama's plan.

Thank you for the information!:apple:

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast

Thanks!
When I go to school or travel in airports, I put it in an Incase sleeve and then put it in my backpack/messenger bag. I do not use any cases, screen protectors, etc. This is the sleeve I use, it is excellent:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H...=15inchmacbookproretinadisplay&fh=36c2%2B2c15

Also, when I travel with it, I make sure that my backpack or messenger bag is not so full of books/etc. that it puts pressure on the macbook pro. I make sure that it has enough space that the macbook pro (even with a sleeve on it) doesn't have anything pressing against it.

Also, when I walk around with it, I always ALWAYS use two hands from the moment I pick it up to the moment I set it down, that way I never drop it. With a $2400 machine, you can never be too careful. I make sure that I never have anything nearby that could spill/scratch the macbook either, and make sure that the surface underneath it is flat and doesn't have anything that would scratch it.

Sifinity

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2014
Texas
I purchased MacBook one week ago, but still waiting for it to be delivered. I guess I have another week to purchase an Adorama's plan.

Thank you for the information!:apple:

yea remember date purchased and not date delivered lol 14 days , i purchased mine on saturday , I'm a purchase my warranty today

vmv89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
yea remember date purchased and not date delivered lol 14 days , i purchased mine on saturday , I'm a purchase my warranty today

Will you be buying a 5 years plan or 3 years plan?
Thanks!

----------

When I go to school or travel in airports, I put it in an Incase sleeve and then put it in my backpack/messenger bag. I do not use any cases, screen protectors, etc. This is the sleeve I use, it is excellent:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H...=15inchmacbookproretinadisplay&fh=36c2%2B2c15

Also, when I travel with it, I make sure that my backpack or messenger bag is not so full of books/etc. that it puts pressure on the macbook pro. I make sure that it has enough space that the macbook pro (even with a sleeve on it) doesn't have anything pressing against it.

Also, when I walk around with it, I always ALWAYS use two hands from the moment I pick it up to the moment I set it down, that way I never drop it. With a $2400 machine, you can never be too careful. I make sure that I never have anything nearby that could spill/scratch the macbook either, and make sure that the surface underneath it is flat and doesn't have anything that would scratch it.

I will go with a sleeve, and maybe invisible shield on the body (just have to research more whether film causes overheating).

I am only worried about scratching/dropping/spilling on the laptop when I will be in the club/lounge working in the DJ booth. It is kind of messy, not clean environment, where I am not the only one around. But I guess I will have to try to be extra cautious when working there.

Thanks!:cool:

Sifinity

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2014
Texas
Will you be buying a 5 years plan or 3 years plan?
Thanks!

----------

I will go with a sleeve, and maybe invisible shield on the body (just have to research more whether film causes overheating).

I am only worried about scratching/dropping/spilling on the laptop when I will be in the club/lounge working in the DJ booth. It is kind of messy, not clean environment, where I am not the only one around. But I guess I will have to try to be extra cautious when working there.

Thanks!:cool:
i will be buying the 5 year plan for the 15" , as its $250 and i don't think there is a accidental 13" plan for 5 years , definitely make sure before you buy that it says accidental damage in the title

vmv89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
i will be buying the 5 year plan for the 15" , as its $250 and i don't think there is a accidental 13" plan for 5 years , definitely make sure before you buy that it says accidental damage in the title

I will make sure it says Plus and accidental damage. (The other plan is just for malfunctions?)

Why wouldn't they have Plus plan for 13'? Anyway will get 3 yrs if they will not have 5 yrs plan.

All I got to figure out now how and where they fix laptops.

Thanks for recommending them to me!

Sifinity

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2014
Texas
I will make sure it says Plus and accidental damage. (The other plan is just for malfunctions?)

Why wouldn't they have Plus plan for 13'? Anyway will get 3 yrs if they will not have 5 yrs plan.

All I got to figure out now how and where they fix laptops.

Thanks for recommending them to me!

call them ; i think they require you in the first year if its covered by apple to get it fixed there then after a year file a claim on call , the lady kept saying make sure you register your stuff

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Texas
Just checked the website; I think the laptop has to be purchased from Costco.
Says it in the middle of the picture attached. :confused::mad:

I know what it says, just letting you know that I'm running multiple policies for several work machines and they've all been approved after sending in the receipts from Apple (and even a Dell). I confirmed this with a phone rep as well, but the proof is in the pudding I guess.

I have had one machine sent off for repair already which is the ultimate test. No issues with the "must be purchased at Costco" policy. I just go in, buy the warranty for the correct price range to match the receipt, it get's added to my account and I submit the receipt electronically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.