AppleCare+ w/ 1 Year Upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nanogirl21, Feb 15, 2016.

1. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

I am upgrading my iPhone 5 to iPhone 6S soon on Verizon. After many years with Apple I have never had any serious damage to my phones like water damage or cracked screens. However, I have always still purchased AppleCare+ to be on the safe side since I always kept my phone for 2 years. Now,with the option to upgrade phones every year with Verizon I am wondering if AppleCare+ is worth it since I will get a new phone after 1 year. I am wondering if the Apple warranty restart every year when I get a new phone and if the standard Apple warranty cover charges (shortages). Does anyone know?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can always cancel the AppleCare plus after a year and get a refund on the remaining coverage. Or use the money towards the new AppleCare plus purchase.

3. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Does the standard Apple warranty cover charges (shortages)

4. Airboy1466 macrumors regular

Airboy1466

Yes and no with Apple care plus you getting extended support such as normal warranty you get 90 days phone support

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It covers everything that is not accidental damage on your part. I haven't heard of anyone being denied coveraege if any part of their phone stopped working if that device didn't show physical signs of damage.

If you were buying AC+ for the additional manufacturer's warranty, there is no need to do so being that you won't keep the device longer. Keep in mind it also covers accidental damage wiht an additional deductible.