Applecare warranty for Early 2013 MBPr

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Voodoofreak, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Voodoofreak macrumors regular

My warranty is almost up. I was hoping to extend it. I think ebay usually has good deals as I've purchased an applecare in the past. Does anyone know what I would search for on ebay to find the warranty that fits this model? I appreciate any guidance you can provide me. Thanks.

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

3. Voodoofreak thread starter macrumors regular

BGG, thank you! I will take your advice and stick to B&H. Their price seems quite reasonable to for a 3 yr plan.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

You are welcome. When I got my first MBP 13" in January 2012, I purchased it from them for $189.00 with shipping. It arrived very quickly and I had no problem registering.

5. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Ebay is fine as well. It's people like you who make others paranoid for no reason. You gave an opinion and didn't state why. That is like me stating "don't go near BasicGreatGuy's mom", but not stating why.

6. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Yeah, no reason whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Now you can roll the dice, or purchase from an Apple Authorized Reseller where you're guaranteed to get the genuine article 100% of the time.

7. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Even though I didn't go into detail, this is the reason why I said steer clear in this instance.

Thanks for follow up.

8. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Another paranoid guy, huh. I appreciate you folks because I make an extra 30k-40k a year based on the fact that most of you stay away from ebay. More deals for me.

Those who are paranoid are those who are just lazy and don't educate themselves.

Don't let a seller email you a code, and make sure you are buying the actual box and packaging and you are good. So if you can save yourself a bunch of money, then it's still worth it.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its not paranoia, but rather counterfeiters that are selling fake AppleCare. When you see a digital only AppleCare for a fraction of what retail is selling, its most likely counterfeit. In the course of time you may lose your money and you lose your warranty.

----------

Agreed, getting the actual box is one way to ensure you have an actual product and not counterfeit