Applecare warranty iphone 3gs repair status please help!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by YungMoola94, Jun 18, 2010.

1. YungMoola94 macrumors regular

Hey i bought a iphone 3gs 16gb of off craigslist so we met up i was stupid enough to not inspect the phone in front of the lady. i went back to my car and the power button did not work i called her up i told her about it she said it was supposed to work when you put in the sim card. i told her i dont want it i want a refund she said she would meet up again. sadly she did not i tried calling her several times after that. SO i went home and luckily its under applecare warranty i called up apple and set up a repair oh and also the right part of the phone was slightly kind of open not it was just top right corner. so me and my uncle bought a super glue and glued it together and it looks perfect. so we dropped of the phone and its on its way to apple repair center. now i wanna know if they will replace the phone can someone please help me.

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I should think they'd replace the 'phone. However, if they spot that it's been "repaired" (superglued!) it's unlikely they'd replace it FOC. :(