Applecare/Warranty Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kelson13, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Kelson13 macrumors member

Kelson13

Does the Warranty/Applecare take effect (start counting down) the day you purchase an item or the day you pick it up from the store (if you order online and have it delivered to a store)?

I ask because I recently ordered a new iPad Pro and there's a little bit of a wait. I'm curious to know if the warranty is counting down already or not?

Thank you!

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I believe once it ships. I know it's not when you order.

3. tibas92013 macrumors 6502

Lets see; I have bought two(2) Refurbished MM's with AppleCare from the Apple On-line store within the last four(4) years with the AppleCare starting date being when they shipped.

4. Kelson13 thread starter macrumors member

Kelson13

Thank you. My iPad has shipped, I believe - since I have been changed for it. I did not, however, purchase AppleCare+ when I bought the iPad. I may add it when I pick it up in the store, though.

I'll have to ask them if it is effective the day I buy AppleCare or the date the iPad shipped (or another date altogether). Reading the Terms and Conditions, it appears it begins when you purchase AppleCare - but it's hard to know all the nuances (they may treat the iPad purchase or ship date as the AppleCare purchase date, for example).

Thanks everyone!

5. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

Coverage starts with the original date of purchase (ship date, in this case), regardless of when you purchase the coverage.

6. Kelson13 thread starter macrumors member

Kelson13