Applecare Warranty

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigDog9721, Feb 18, 2008.

1. BigDog9721 macrumors newbie

I have just purchased a MacBook physically damaged and has Applecare Warranty. What does Applecare cover? Last time I went into the Genius Bar (not on this particular Macbook), they offered for a flat $280 to repair anything wrong with the MacBook and bring it back to life. Will that work on a physically damaged MacBook?

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

3. BigDog9721 thread starter macrumors newbie

Physical Damage

What if I am willing to pay $280?

4. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

I don't believe the $280 offer applies to physical damage. This is a discounted amount to cover any non-warranty failures, I think.

If this was the case, Apple would be eating a lot of expensive repairs, such as screen replacements, logic boards that got Coke spilled on them, etc.

Just my $0.02...

MacDann

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Warranted repairs are done at no charge. Repairs out of warranty or not covered are gonna cost whatever they cost. Depends on the severity of the damage, and replacement may be cheaper than repair in extreme cases. Also, Apple doesn't do "partial" repairs; if something's not in spec, they're gonna fix it (and charge accordingly). For example, if you had a flaky keyboard, but they found a case crack, they'd fix both at the going rate.