Applecare was bought but box not given, how do i register?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mathlete123, Sep 16, 2009.

1. mathlete123 macrumors member

I bought my 2009 macbook UB a while ago, but i neglected to immediately activate AppleCare. I actually assumed that, as they gave us nothing special, there was no activation necessary. We were not given an applecare box (although we paid for it), so i presumed that it was activated for a machine with my serial number. What do i do now, then?

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Where did you buy AppleCare at? If you bought it from Apple, they already set it up for you. :)

If you bought it somewhere else (like an Apple authorized store), then they would have given you a box containing several things, including the code needed to register the warranty on Apple's website.

3. daflake macrumors 6502a

Did you buy Applecare at the Apple store with your Macbook? If you did, they likely activated it already at the store as this is normal procedure. You should be able to log into the Apple site and check your warranty status.

4. mathlete123 thread starter macrumors member

I did buy it at the apple store, but when i go to view current agreements it says "You do not have any registered agreements. Click Register an AppleCare Agreement to get started."

5. daflake macrumors 6502a

What e-mail address did you give them when you bought it? If you are like me, you have several and it may be registered under a different account.

6. mathlete123 thread starter macrumors member

Solved

Aha. when i clicked on online, it said to put in a serial number. I do have the protection, It just isn't registered to my apple account. Okay.