All iPads AppleCare with iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sarakn, Nov 13, 2013.

1. sarakn macrumors 6502a

sarakn

I've gone through a few pages, but search is not working.

What do you guys think about getting AppleCare with the iPad Air. I'm getting the 128GB model and wondering if adding $100 more is worth it.

My current iPad 2 was a gift - purchased in South Africa - and I have not had an issue with it. Do you think I should save the money for something else?

Thanks.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

This is a very personal decision based on your budget and your tolerance for risk. No one can tell you if it is worth it. It may be worth it to THEM, but maybe not to you.

I think it is worth it. Gives me peace of mind using it naked (meaning, no case). If I drop it and shatter it, I can get a cheap ($50) replacement. YMMV.

3. darknyt macrumors 6502a

I agree it's worth it to me. I was surprised to see that the iPhone increased to $79 but the iPad stayed at $49.

4. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Good thing you clarified that! :eek: :p

As for the $50 replacement fee, isn't it $79 now? Or does that only apply to iPhone?

5. sarakn thread starter macrumors 6502a

sarakn

Thanks for your advice. I went ahead and added AC to my order. Will pick it up tonight.

6. Capt T macrumors 6502a

I have the 128gb this time around and also got the Apple Care + for the first time. Probably would not have, but I dropped my old iPad(after having it for almost 2 years)...so for me the piece of mind was worth it. Especially against the cost of a new 128gb model.

7. Vertigo1 macrumors regular

Totally understandable to be honest. People are far more likely to drop and smash a phone than a tablet.

8. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

Seconded, 128 Cellular for me. I'll be using it it out and about too.

9. OCJeff macrumors regular

I personally prefer the Squaretrade solution. They now have a $0 deductible option, for $99 (or $94 if you sign up for their mailing list and get a better coupon).

No $50 for replacement, it's all covered.

-Jeff

10. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Link? Might be interested for future purchases.

11. shimamizu macrumors newbie

shimamizu

Totally worth it. I've seen too many people crack phone and tablet screens not to get it for the sanity of mind. I have the 128gb cellular, so I sure don't want to pay full price if mine has problems / gets dropped :)

12. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I just purchased it for my device over the phone. Piece of cake. I'm all set now. I usually never buy extended warranties and I didn't on my iPad 2. But, in some ways, this iPad has lots of new stuff and some hardware changes that I feel better about the warranty in this case.

Done deal. :)

13. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Did AppleCare+ ever get worldwide coverage? What happened with that?

14. OCJeff macrumors regular

15. big samm macrumors 65816

I bought a rMini today and bought apple care + like i did with my ipad 3 and same thing for my 5s....
    For me it's totally worth it... I know i can get a quick replacement with no questions ask, just bring the broken piece of @&$?! Give 49$ for ipad or 79$ for iphone get out the door with a big smile and a new replacement :) It's also easier to sell when the buyer knows you have apple care on the device.