AppleCare with new Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by R1ch, Jun 6, 2007.

1. R1ch macrumors newbie

Hello everyone.

I am a user of a PC for many years and have decided to buy a new Macbook Pro - my first every mac. I have been following this site and forum for a number of months and have been waiting (as many of you seem to have been as well) for the refresh of the Macbook Pros.

I cannot really afford to buy AppleCare with the Macbook Pro at this time - but really like the idea of the three year warranty. Can I buy an apply Applecare to my laptop say 11 months down the line - or do I have to buy at the time of purchase. Oh - and I live in the UK if that makes a difference.

Looking forward to joining the Apple family. Take care guys.

2. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

I wondered the same thing and found out that you can buy it any time in the first year. I'm in the same boat and will wait a bit before buying it.

3. R1ch thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Trepex. So in a few months I can buy it from the Apple Store and have it applied to my laptop. Brilliant. Even more excited now.

4. andresrw macrumors member

YEs you can, i will buy it later and even better you can buy it in other places like ebay or other stores very cheap (compare to apple.com prices)

5. munckee macrumors 65816

Just keep in mind that you need to REGISTER applecare in the first year, not just purchase it. When you purchase the warranty, essentially you just get a box with a number in it. You have to call apple to have them register the warranty number to your computer serial number.

In the past, people have purchased applecare before their 1 year was up, but forgotten to register it immediately. Just FYI.

6. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

ayea, thanks for the heads up!

7. R1ch thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Also remember that the warrenty extends out to the same three year period, regardless of when you activate it.

9. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Yes, good point. It starts right when the regular warranty would be out.

10. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

LA Computer Company has Macbook Pro AppleCare for $239, Provantage has it for $255 and SmallDog for $329.

I found my Mac Pro AppleCare on eBay for $99 shipped, but it's definitely a case of caveat emptor (the seller I bought from was named "checkmark2015" -- very good experience). For MPB AppleCare, search eBay for MA515LL/A.

11. HoosierInFL macrumors regular

I just got Applecare for a Macbook Pro on Ebay for $202. Awesome price.