AppleCare with Online Purchase of Imac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jkmags, May 22, 2011.

1. jkmags macrumors member

Hello All,

I recently purchased my first iMac and at the time I placed my Order I added AppleCare, I have received my Imac (and I love it) but my question is... when will i get any Documentation on the AppleCare I had ordered? I have done some searching and some have said they received the AppleCare information in the mail after the Imac had arrived but it has been almost 2 weeks since i placed my order so i would think I should have seen something by now.

Anyone else order an Imac online with AppleCare and get any AppleCare documentation?

Thank you
    John

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. jkmags thread starter macrumors member

Thanks GGJstudios!

I just checked and i see the 3 year warranty,. one last question... if I sell my Imac in a couple years or give it away do i need any paperwork to transfer the AppleCare at the time of the transfer?

Thanks again
    John

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Like the original warranty, AppleCare follows the computer, not the owner. There's nothing you need to do.

5. jkmags thread starter macrumors member

Perfect!

All my questions have been answered with regards to my queries.

Thank you again GGJstudios.

John

6. boogei macrumors member

I got my applecare plan certificate and getting started guide in the post a couple of weeks after I received my imac so it should be with you anytime.

7. jkmags thread starter macrumors member

Thank you! I will keep my eye out for any Post from Apple.

John

8. jkmags thread starter macrumors member

Update

I thought I would add an update for search purposes, Boogei was correct..I just got my AppleCare packet in the mail. It seems they wait about 2 weeks (maybe the refund period) before sending it to you, but you should receive a packet when ordering AppleCare online.

Thanks