Applecare worth getting?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RolledUp20s, Sep 13, 2012.

1. RolledUp20s macrumors regular

im going to buy the iPhone 5 tomorrow...well, preorder it, & was looking at applecare for £61. i've never bothered getting that before but i have had bad times in the past, dropped my iPhone 4s and cracked screen but apple were great and gave me a new 1 free :D ...without applecare.

so, i'm thinking of taking it out this time...can't see though whether it covers the screen for accidental damage? does it? and how many times does it cover? it says 2years, but for £61 i doubt you'd get a new iphone everytime you dropped it??

2. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

Well, you were very lucky when you broke your screen before with or without applecare. Applecare doesn't cover accidental damage or loss. It only covers any manufacturers defects. It is useful, but I have only got experience with it for macs. Its saved me a lot of money in the past for macs, but never needed it for iphones. You could always wait until the end of your first year standard guarantee and then buy it as its coming to the end of that?

3. RolledUp20s thread starter macrumors regular

ahh, thanks for clearing that up. i'll hang fire on that then.

ye i was lucky, i'd been to see Deftones in Manchester, thats where i dropped it. luckily enough when telling my story to the nice apple lady, she loved deftones aswel and was helping out a fellow fan i guess :D

4. omegle macrumors newbie

That sir, is incorrect. AppleCare+ for the iPhone does cover damage. You pay for the service, then you pay a flat fee for the repair. It costs less than getting a new phone. It will cover water damage, drops etc. The only thing it doesn't cover is theft or loss.

AppleCare for other Apple products is simply a warranty extension.

5. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

That is only true if you live in the USA :rolleyes:

Here in the uk we don't get applecare+, just the regular applecare. The OP's profile says he lives in North Wales in the UK and therefore does not qualify for applecare+.