Applecare

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Washac, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Hi All

How and where do you get Apple Computers repaired after Applecare has run out, and what sort of costs would be involved.
    Only asking because I have equipment that it has run out on and the wife wants the box/boxes gotten rid off....

Thanks.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Ususally it's cheapest to do it yourself, iFixit has good guides to do it. If you want to pay then you can have apple fix it, but once apple care is up if you have a problem you are usually better off fixing it yourself or just replacing the computer.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Depending on the Mac (laptop vs. mini vs. iMac vs. MacPro) and what's wrong will dictate the cost. Laptops will generally be the most expensive to repair, again depending on what's wrong with it.

Apple will repair the mac's even out of warranty, it will just cost you. I'd search out an apple store, or an authorized apple dealer for a repair or as the other poster mentioned. Do the repair yourself.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can still usually get it serviced by Apple, but that's the most expensive option. DIY or an authorized Apple Repair center/shop are usually cheaper.

5. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac