AppleCare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tech198, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Before anyone here starts thinking, I'm not intending to actually act on the following, but just a general question as to see anyone has done it, and if so, what the result was.

Is it possible to get the APP, register it, (then deliberately wait a few days) then return it (within the 14 days) for a refund ?

Of course, you need to phone up as i know it can't be returned online, but just thought i'd ask to see if anyones attempted at this *ingenious* idea.

Its like, battling two agreements and/or and sales and refunds... You fall into both.. so which one takes priority ?

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I'm pretty sure it is the same case as with software. You cannot return opened boxes.

4. neondrgns macrumors regular

neondrgns

sounds like tech198 is doing the ebay scammer trick where he sells insurance and then refunds it for himself when the other guy already activated it

5. HBOC macrumors 68020

something definitely is fishy. Why would someone pay for something they cannot even utilize for atleast a year, but then return it 14 days later. BTW, if you register it, they DEACTIVATE it immediately when issued a refund (when calling AppleCare)

6. 100Teraflops, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

Agreed, because if one buys a laptop and Applecare together, then returns the laptop: the Applecare is useless, hence the laptop e.g. the registered product was returned.

Now if the question is sincere, then I would talk with Apple and they should refund the difference of the original purchase price of Applecare. If I bought a laptop with Applecare and returned it, then I would seek a refund for the price of Applecare. IMHO :)

7. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    agree.. sounds the scam alarms - :D

8. HBOC macrumors 68020

If AppleCare is bought with the Mac, the refund from AppleCare would come in form a check, and thus not be refunded at the same time as the Mac.

9. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

10. Tech198 thread starter macrumors G4

ah ok... thanks.