Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macdeez

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Leeds, UK.
I just bought my new MBP for uni and I was wondering if i can still buy apple care for another 3 years when i go to england for uni. I'm going to buy it from england from an actual apple store not from here because we only have distributors here.

Legion93

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
Death Star, Rishi Maze
I just bought my new MBP for uni and I was wondering if i can still buy apple care for another 3 years when i go to england for uni. I'm going to buy it from england from an actual apple store not from here because we only have distributors here.

Sure, I would have thought distributors and authorised Apple resellers would stock and sell the Apple care protection plan? If not, you can buy directly from Apple in any store. You would have to extend warranty within the first year and it covers from the day of purchase of your MBP.

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

You know if you buy in the UK you get a free 3 warranty when you buy online as a student? Plus the discount is about 14% for a student. So the base 13" MBP is about £850 including a 3 year warranty. If you have just bought your MBP I would consider returning it and buying in the UK when you arrive.

If you can't do that then yes you can buy AppleCare here if you want. Students get a discount on that aswell, I believe it is ~£160 for the 13" MBP.

Macdeez

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Leeds, UK.
Well I couldn't wait for university because I needed a laptop since my old one broke drown.

Thank you guys for your answers :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.