AppleCare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tech198, May 22, 2012.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Hi all..

Since Apple requires proof for purchase for APP eligibility in store (e.g. repairs), raises a question.

If I sell my Macbook Peo (current 2011), will i need to also give them proof of purchase in order for them to purchase AppleCare. for the remains ?

Currently, I bought my Mac last last year.

2. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

You don't need to provide proof of purchase for APP, it is tied to the serial number, not the individual.

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

When buying a new Mac, I highly endorse AppleCare.

I find it's invaluable for those rare times when a problem crops up that involves replacement of expensive components.

Third party warranties are just too risky and lack the level of care and expertise, AppleCare offers.

4. cMacSW macrumors regular

I would second the Applecare endorsement. Had it on the last two laptops I purchased, first one got the power adapter replaced, second one had the optical drive replaced.

In both instances this replacement was in year 3 of coverage.

5. Bear macrumors G3

If I read the question correctly, the MBP currently does not have an extended AppleCare Plan?

Whether or not the person needs a proof of purchase for the system partially depends on where you bought the MBP. If it was directly from Apple, they have an accurate purchase date.

Warn the buyer not to leave it to the last week and to get ahold of you if he needs a proof of purchase.

6. angrydog macrumors member

angrydog

I can also attest to AppleCare, I saved myself $800 in repairs in which I bought my AppleCare for $130 in 2009. Now, I just got my new Macbook Pro and I see that re-seller's can't even match my University in AppleCare prices ($240).

7. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

The L.A. Computer Company matches and sometimes beats Apple's education discount on AppleCare. B&H Photo also has good deals on AppleCare; if you buy a Mac you can often get AppleCare at a 50% discount.

Stay away from eBay: LOTS of AppleCare scams!

8. goRoostr macrumors member

Tied to the serial number, you don't have to give proof of purchase. If you go to apple.com/support and type in your serial number it tells you the exact day it expires.