AppleCare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Exio, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Exio macrumors regular

I purchased a 13" MBP last week, and purchased applecare with it. The Genius said that it would be tied to the computer id itself and he didn't give me any paperwork for it. Was he supposed to give me some sort of paperwork?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

no paperwork needed I purchased mine on the apple website all i got was the reciept in the mail

3. Exio thread starter macrumors regular

Okay because on the description for it on the apple website, it talks of a packet.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can check your remaining warranty and/or AppleCare coverage here. You don't need paperwork.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

yeah i kind of remember reading that too thinking i would get some documents explaining whats covered whats not, im guessings is paperless now, you can get all that info just click on apple logo on your MBP than support on the top of that window it will give you your waranty info

6. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

You may get a packet on line or in the mail. You don't need it to access your Apple Care as this is tied to the S/N of your computer.

When you call Apple Care the first question you should get is what is the S/N of the device you are calling about. If needed you can get help in finding it.

No problem at all, the packet is just something to file.

7. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

With the AppleCare on my first MBP, I got a small packet the size of a CD with a bunch of documents in and also an Apple diagnostic CD. It's still sat on my shelf now, four years later, never opened again since the day I got it.

If/when you ever call Apple, they ask only for the Serial Number of your Mac, and they have your warranty status recorded there.