applecare+

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
From Apple's site
"Is the AppleCare Protection Plan transferable?
Yes. If you choose to sell or give away your Apple product, you can also transfer the ownership of the AppleCare Protection Plan. Please see the AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions for complete details."

Comment

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
From Apple's site
"Is the AppleCare Protection Plan transferable?
Yes. If you choose to sell or give away your Apple product, you can also transfer the ownership of the AppleCare Protection Plan. Please see the AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions for complete details."
To a person, yes, but to amazon??

It looks like you can also "cancel it" and get a partial refund.

Comment

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
I called the CSR and got the refund confirmation email.

Dear Apple Customer,

Your refund request is now complete. You will receive a refund for your AppleCare Protection Plan:

- Refund Amount 51.31

Comment

Dstopsie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
This.
Did you have to call for the partial refund?
yes I called AppleCare and got a partial refund. I explained to them that I am purchasing the iPhone five and would be selling my iPhone 4s and I requested a refund of the unused portion of my apple care +. It took about three weeks and they sent me a check in the mail because I had canceled the credit card I had previously bought it on. Actually received the payment Friday and I received $47.54 back of the $99 I paid.

I'm not sure what refund fee people are talking about. I purchased applecare+ for my iPhone for 4s in October 2011 and I canceled that on September 23, 2012 and I received a check in the mail for $47.54 as a refund

Comment

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
yes I called AppleCare and got a partial refund. I explained to them that I am purchasing the iPhone five and would be selling my iPhone 4s and I requested a refund of the unused portion of my apple care +. It took about three weeks and they sent me a check in the mail because I had canceled the credit card I had previously bought it on. Actually received the payment Friday and I received $47.54 back of the $99 I paid.

I'm not sure what refund fee people are talking about. I purchased applecare+ for my iPhone for 4s in October 2011 and I canceled that on September 23, 2012 and I received a check in the mail for $47.54 as a refund
Thanks. This is very helpful. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Comment

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
Called applecare+ today. He asked why I hadn't transfered it to the new phone (grrr, I asked that question to the guy who set up my new phone).The guy on the phone was great, and issuing me a refund for the remainder of my $99.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.