AppleCare

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by oTypically, Dec 18, 2012.

1. oTypically macrumors member

Too start off, I'm sure a thread like this has been created. However I'm looking for a more recent answer without bumping an older thread.

Next, I've had my 4s for maybe a month or whenever the ip5 released. I had no clue about AppleCare and I'm still a bit confused about it.

My question is, am I still able to purchase AppleCare+? If I'm, is it worth the 50 dollars?

I'd also rather ask here instead of calling apple because I'm a bit sick and don't feel like talking.

Thanks in advanced.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Unfortunately, AppleCare must be purchased within the first 30 days of buying your phone, so you are no longer able to do so. Also, AppleCare and AppleCare+ are very different, in price and in terms of coverage.

I've never bought AppleCare, for my 4s or my 5. Just a decent case is pretty much all you need, and I'd definitely recommend one for your situation since you're out of the window to buy AppleCare.

3. oTypically thread starter macrumors member

I have an otterbox defender I think it's.
    it has saved my ass a few times, but I don't think the drops would of even made a ding if I had no case on it.

Now I went to take off the case to clean it. I relieved how much more comfortable the phone is in my hand.

Do you have any suggestions on another case that can be smaller, more luxurious, and similar protection? Price isn't a problem, unless its more than an ip5 at retail price because I've been thinking of getting the ip5 for awhile now.

I've looked at the sector 4 by element, but it looks like a piece of **** for the coast.

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

If you're looking for intense protection, an Otterbox Commuter is a slightly slimmer choice. However, my case of choice is a Belkin View. It's slim, sleek, and survived many drops.

5. oTypically, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012

oTypically thread starter macrumors member