AppleCare+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bmac4, Dec 13, 2013.

1. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

So I just bought an iPhone 4S off swappa. I looked up the SN to see if it has any warranty protection. All the items were checked off green, and it said it the warranty was over in Jan 2014. My question is is had the check mark by the bottom item under the protection plan, and the description says "Covered by the AppleCare Protection Plan
    The AppleCare Protection Plan is a unique service and support solution that extends the complimentary coverage of your Apple product." Does that have anything to do with AppleCare+? How would I even go about finding out if the phone does have Applecare+?

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

When you purchase an iOS device you have 30 days to get AppleCare+. The previous owner may or may not have purchased the extended warrantee considering the 4s has been out since 2011. They could have purchased it in Jan 2013 which would have been the normal warrantee or Jan. 2011 which would include the full 3yrs.

http://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone.html

3. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Thanks. Yeah I knew you had to buy it within 30 days. I just did not know if there was place to find out if this phone had it or not.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Except the 4S debuted October 2011 and AppleCare+ for iPhone is 2 years.

5. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

I am pretty sure the phone was purchased in 2013.

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Best way is to probably give Apple a call

7. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yeah I think I am going to go on apple.com and start a chat. Thanks again for the help

8. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

So Jay answered it. You don't have AppleCare if your phone came out in 2013.

Thanks for the correct date Jay

9. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Wait what? The phone was bought in 2012 I believe. I talked to Apple and they said I have AppleCare+ until jam 2014. I am not sure what you are trying to say.

10. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Most people get Apple warrantee mixed up. Let me try to explain it..

1. Your iOS device comes with a One Year manufacture full warrantee. This is an industry standard.

2. Most manufacture have an extended warrantee. Apple calls theirs AppleCare+. This gives you 2 years warrantee after the first year.

1 + 2 = 3 :)

Go to this link and check your Support Coverage.

http://www.apple.com/support/applecare/

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

This is incorrect. AppleCare+ for the iPhone adds only one year to the standard warranty for a total of 2 years. Other products do get 3 years of protection though.

12. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

ugh!!! I'm one of those people! :mad: lol thanks again I read it wrong. Funny thing is that I knew that too.

13. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Thing is I understand this. My original post was asking if I could check to see if I had the extended warranty. I understand that it only comes with a year, and the buying and buy an extended one year warranty to cover accidental damage.

14. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Extended warranty (AppleCare +) is not automatically included. You have to order it separately. You should know if you bought it or not.

Here. Check your service coverage on your product. Serial number required.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

15. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

If you would have read my first post you would know I got the phone off swappa and did not originally pay for it. So no I have know idea if the first owner got AppleCare+ or not. Also I know that AppleCare+ does not come with the phone.