AppleCare+

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Vladislav, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Vladislav macrumors regular

Im debating about applecare+ with i6, to get or not to get :) its 79£ and covers 2 accidents where still i have to pay 55£.
    Now question, if i ever drop my phone and break the screen, how much will it cost to replace without applecare+?
    Just trying to figure out if its worth it or not.

2. bigrustyjc macrumors newbie

Fixing the iphone out of warranty is very exoensive. Heres a link for the US site for costs - https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/screen-damage/

Probably different for different countries, but should give an idea of what it would cost.

Personally, I'm not normally an extended warranty guy, but I typically ourchase Apple's bc their service is excellent and its on something I use eveyday.

Hope this helps!

3. stephaniegavin macrumors newbie

I also don't normally partake in extended warranties, however I've paid for the extended Apple Care plan in the past and it has saved me on several occasions. One time with a buggy iPhone 5s and another time when my MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz crashed. I would definitely consider it if you can swing the cost.

4. dotme macrumors 6502a

I also buy AppleCare+ on every iPhone I've owned. Never needed it. Still I buy it. Anything this expensive that I use every day, I want fixed without hassles whether it has an internal failure or if it meets with some kind of accident.