Applecare+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jazper, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Jazper macrumors 6502a

How do you buy Applecare+ if you didn't buy it with the phone? Also a friend originally bought this phone for me (he pre-ordered it for me), so will I still be able to buy Applecare for it on my account, or does it have to be the original buyer who does?

I have 60 days to buy it, but I can't buy it via the Apple website, do I need to call up or something?

Thanks

2. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

You can buy it from an Apple retail store and have them authorize it there, or call AppleCare directly and order it through the phone you want to insure at 800-275-2273.

3. Zorba macrumors regular

Zorba

In the Belgian online store we cannot buy Applecare+ (due to the lack of Apple Store is assume), but I'm really considering buying it on eBay for my iPhone 6 (bought in Germany :rolleyes:).

Will it work and will Apple give me full support here as well?

4. Jazper thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rang up and just bought it - thought I might as well, peace of mind eh. ;)

5. NJbuilder macrumors member

I'm thinking I'll do the same as even though I originally planned on getting a case this phone just feels "right" in my hands. My 5s felt better in a case then naked.

6. Jazper thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, never dropped my phone before but you never know, seems definitely worth it to me.

7. NJbuilder macrumors member

I never have either but it's always been in an otterbox defender. This phone will be nude for a while if not forever. My problem is I run a construction company so the job site is a scary place for any phone lol.

8. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

I feel that the 6+ is much more prone to dropping so I opted for it. You have 60 days from date of purchase to buy it.