Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

50L

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
Hi guys

so here is my experience

last week I returned my macbook pro retina to an official apple reseller (where I bought the macbook )

-graphic card error popup
- completely freezes every 2 weeks
-magsafe does not react all the time

Now 1 week later, I tried viewing the service status, I cannot find anything on their site. the number does not exist. I tried the apple site I get the error there is no case.

So yesterday I called the store, no response, I opened up a ticket and they have seen it 5 minutes later, and now after 25hours; still no response.

Today , again the same , no answering the telephone

I have apple care, I bought my machine in that store, what's up with the service???

I called apple today and they found it also very strange and disturbing, there where no parts ordered for my machine so in the genius his opinion they haven't even taken a look at my machine in the past week.

Also he told me that if it takes longer than 2 weeks they are forced to give me a replacement, but is this a new machine then? or a refurb?

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
I don't think all resellers are authorized service centers, are you sure this one is? Are there no Apple stores near you that could have serviced the computer? You are in no way required to return to the point of purchase to obtain service.

50L

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
so already 1.5 weeks have passed and my machine is still not fixed.

I heard about the 2 weeks term, but what does that mean? that they have to give me a refurb if mine is not fixed within 2 weeks?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.