AppleCare +

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thetechfixer, Dec 8, 2014.

1. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

I purchased a BlackListed iPhone 5C a little while back and I recently dropped it causing the screen to shatter and causing the screen to be unresponsive. I checked the warranty and I noticed that it has AppleCare +. I am not the original owner of the phone and the phone is blacklisted. Can I still get it replaced by paying the small Apple Care + Fee? Thanks

2. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

If you post the serial number of the device up here, I'm sure someone can tell you if it could be replaced

;)

....or maybe someone will do the right thing and call Apple to tell them to cancel the AC+ because it's obviously a stolen device.

3. thetechfixer thread starter macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

Not interested in posted the Serial Number, but it is under AppleCare + until 2016.

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Did you purchase from the original owner? Why do you have a blacklisted device?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can pay to have it replaced but chances are you will still get a blacklisted device.
    All properties carry over to the replacement such as lock, unlock, bad esn or blacklisted IMEI.
    Its not icloud locked correct?

6. louisebelcher macrumors newbie

louisebelcher

7. urda Suspended

urda

And why is your device blacklisted? You can't get help for a blacklisted device on the forums as it is against forum rules.

8. its Dale macrumors 6502

dont be so quick to judge, people.

People sell phones via Craigslist and then report it stolen AFTER sale to make insurance claims.

9. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That is why I have never bought a phone second hand without a bill of sale (like swappa).

Apple typically does not ask for proof of purchase, but being it is a blacklisted phone they probably will.

10. thetechfixer thread starter macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

I bought the phone a few months ago and a month or two after I bought it, it became blacklisted. I however did get the original paperwork with the phone. Guessing he never paid the bill.