AppleCare

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmillar74, Sep 4, 2016.

1. dmillar74 macrumors regular

I've bought AppleCare on my last two phones and I'm so glad I did. With my 6 that I have now, I've gotten 3 or 4 replacements in 2 years (with no deductible to payout - no damage) Is this common with most people who have AppleCare? I'm gonna buy it again when I get my 7.

2. Newtons Apple, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016

Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I have never bought AppleCare on any device I have owned and never needed it. I feel if I destroy a phone and have to buy a new one at full price, I am still many times ahead.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

The one time I could afford Applecare+ I never needed it because my two iPhone 5 replacements were covered under the actual warranty itself for defects.

The following years I wanted it but could not afford it and ended up having to pay $135 for a screen replacement because I did not have it. Fortunately for me at that time there was a problem so Apple replaced my entire phone for the cost of the screen replacement.

Last year I could not afford it again, but I did want it. So far I haven't needed it though. I'm going on a year with my launch weekend iPhone 6s+.

When the iPhone 8 comes I will be getting it AND AC+.

4. mjwebb macrumors member

mjwebb

To me, AppleCare is like car insurance. You pay for it and necessarily don't use it, but in that case of an accident it will be there. It's just better safe than sorry.

Plus with the new iPhone upgrade program it comes with the phone and is in the payment, so I really won't have anything to worry about!

5. RedOrchestra Suspended

I take a pass on AppleCare and go the self insure route.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I bought AppleCare plus when we got all 3 of our iPhone 6 Plus models when they first came out.
    Warranty is about to expire and we haven't had the need to use it or get them replaced. Kinda of good to have I guess but the $300 spend in our case wasn't really needed. Next purchase we will most likely skip it.

7. KrisLord macrumors 65816

I've always avoided AppleCare as I'm careful with my tech. When I got my 6S I switched bank accounts and now have insurance via my bank account. The other perks of the account mean I'm realistically paying less than 5 per month for phone insurance.

8. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I take immaculate care of my iPhones/Apple Devices and never needed Apple Care. Everyone's experience is different though.