iPad Pro Applecare

Discussion in 'iPad' started by morkfromork, Mar 11, 2017.

1. morkfromork macrumors newbie

morkfromork

Can someone please help me with my query as I cannot seem to get a straight answer from Apple support,

I have an iPad Pro that is one year old on the 13th march. I did not take AppleCare out when I bought it but now want to extend the warranty by buying AppleCare.

I can see that they sell AppleCare plus that has to be bought within 60 days and covers accidental damage, but I cannot find any standard AppleCare to buy.

Can I buy AppleCare plus and extend my warranty or am I screwed because I did not buy it within 60 days? In the past I have always bought AppleCare and added it to my iPhone or iPad just before the warranty finished.

The two people I spoke to at apple gave me different information so I am confused.

All I want to do is extend my warranty not bothered about being covered for damage.

2. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

This link makes it clear (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202702)

You can buy AppleCare+ within 60 days of the purchase of your device (30 days in Japan).
    Because it wasn't purchased in the 60 day range, you can no longer purchase it for this iPad.

3. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I think you misunderstood. In his post, the OP acknowledges AppleCare+ must be purchased within 60 days of device purchase.

What he's looking for is the non-plus version of AppleCare. THAT doesn't exist anymore.

4. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

Clearly I missed that in his communication. What about 4Square? (sp?) Not sure how they would handle this but it is worth looking at.

5. morkfromork thread starter macrumors newbie

morkfromork

as you said sracer I was looking for a non plus version of applecare. Did'nt realise it was no longer available. Everywhere I searched it always lead back to AppleCare plus with. No definitive answer.

When I spoke to Apple support one person just sent me a link to AppleCare plus and said buy that. The other said I couldn't extend so was a bit confused.

at least I know for any future purchase of apple products that I need to buy it early if I want it.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Each device has its own time frame within which Applecare must be bought. For computers, this window lies within the first year of ownership, - you can buy Applecare any day within the first year of ownership, but not a day after that - whereas, for other devices - such as iPads - obviously, the period when you will be able to buy Applecare is a lot less.

7. canuckRus macrumors 6502

canuckRus

All I want to do is extend my warranty not bothered about being covered for damage.[/QUOTE]

Did you use a CC to purchase? Perhaps you are already covered?