AppleCare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DMoggo, Jun 10, 2017.

1. DMoggo macrumors regular

Looking to get this for my 2016 13" MacBook Pro non touchbar.

Obviously found better prices not directly from Apple but which versions work, does anyone know?

Some say MacBook/MacBook Air/13" MacBook Pro and some say MacBook Pro on the box.

Any advice on which one or whether they both work would be great if anyone knows.

Many thanks.

2. DMoggo thread starter macrumors regular

Can anyone provide the AppleCare part number for the 2016 13" MacBook Pro non touchbar?

Many thanks.

3. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

I tried finding on Apple's website, but they want hardware serial number to determine which product to sell you.

Maybe try that and see which model AppleCare the website offers you? The model# is sometimes in the URL so you can suss it out if you examine the full address in your address bar in Safari/Chrome/whathaveyou.

4. chscag macrumors 68000

B&H Photo in New York is one of the best places to buy Apple Care as their prices are generally lower than elsewhere. However, Apple Care is now Apple Care+ so be sure to look for that. It now covers accidental damage less a deductible.

5. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

They can't use AppleCare+ if they bought their computer >60 days ago.
    Plus, AppleCare+ may be US-only at the moment. I thought I read somewhere it wasn't available in the UK yet.

6. DMoggo thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I only have the option of AppleCare not plus unfortunately.

7. chscag macrumors 68000

Sorry about that, I didn't notice your locale. It does look like your choice is only Apple Care. Shop around, I'm sure there must be places in the UK that sell Apple Care for less than what Apple charges.

8. DMoggo thread starter macrumors regular

I've found a few but some say MacBook Pro and others MacBook/MacBook Air/13" MacBook Pro, can't work out which is right for mine or whether they both work.......confusing.

9. doublesupercool macrumors newbie

Japan seems to only be offering Apple Care+ on their website, despite their support page saying I am eligible to buy Apple Care (standard) within 12 months. This is very unclear and disingenuous. `you are eligible for Apple Care . . . but you can't buy it from us. Good luck.`

10. killawat macrumors 65816

11. haydn! macrumors 6502a

The best place is probably through Apple with education discount if you can get it. They do 50% off Apple Care with an NUS card.

And there are a few perfectly legal ways of getting an NUS without enrolling at a University :cool: