AppleCare+

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Camark08, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Camark08 macrumors member

I have a 2017 MacBook pro 13 tb and I bought it with 4 months left of the 1 year warranty. Am kind of bummed I wont be able to get AC+. Is there anything at all that I could do to get more warranty lol? Although there is a 4 year keyboard warranty which is big plus.

2. Airboy1466 macrumors 6502

Airboy1466

you can buy regular apple care you should be able to purchase it on the check warranty screen or call and beg apple to let you buy it sometimes they will let it slide just mention you didn't know you only had 60 days to buy it

3. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

Is not "regular" AppleCare (not the "plus" version) still available IF you call Apple directly?

You should at least call them.
    You bought this used, is that correct?
    In that case, not sure if you can get regular AppleCare, either (may be available ONLY to the original owner).

Them's the breaks of buyin' used.
    However, be aware that ALL 2017 MBP's are covered by a 4-year warranty for the keyboard, regardless of whether you bought used. If the keyboard fails, you get an entirely new "top case" (including new battery).
    I believe the display is also covered by the "StainGate" warranty extension as well.

Since the display and the keyboard are the "biggest issues", I'd let AppleCare alone, and just go with the "factory-extended warranties".

4. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

You can't buy AppleCare off the web site any longer (only AC+), but you certainly can either by doing chat, or by calling the AppleCare number. I think the only show-stopper here would be that you aren't the original purchaser... might be a problem, might not be. Ask them.

Source: I did chat with one week to go of warranty on my MBP and added AppleCare with no trouble.

5. Airboy1466 macrumors 6502

Airboy1466

why is it not regular apple care lmao its the apple care that doesn't cover accidental damages hence its regular, and apple care and warranties are transferable with MacBooks not stuck to one owner.

6. Camark08 thread starter macrumors member

Yep I bought it with 5 battery cycles so basically brand new. The guy had it for months and didnt use it

7. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

It used to be that you could purchase AppleCare anytime before your one year warranty expires. What are the rules now for AppleCare ?

8. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

The same. Apple reserves the right to inspect the machine.

9. Airboy1466 macrumors 6502

Airboy1466

apple never inspects the machine its still you have 1 year from original purchase date

10. Camark08 thread starter macrumors member

That's good to hear. My product is in absolute mint condition. I contacted apple support on their chat and had an awful experience. The service rep didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Will make a call tomorrow

11. Airboy1466 macrumors 6502

Airboy1466

let me know how it goes