Applecare?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by muldul, Sep 2, 2008.

1. muldul macrumors 6502

I decided i will defiantly get applecare, i decided this when i bought my macbook in July. I didn't buy right away as i had the one year warranty and i could by it anytime within that year. But when the new macbooks come out some time in the next year (Before july 09) will they cover my macbook. I need to know because if they come out and i don't have apple care and can't buy it for my macbook, when the warranty runs out i will be screwed. So will the new macbook applecare cover my current macbook?

2. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

No. You will have to buy another Applecare plan for the new Macbook. It doesn't transfer.

3. muldul thread starter macrumors 6502

No i haven't bought it yet, but if they bring out the new macbook, say tomorrow, apple will stop selling the old macbook cover plan. Will the new macbooks applecare, if bought, cover my current gen?

4. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Yes - you can buy AppleCare up to 1 year after the original purchase date. New models won't make any difference. Even if they were to call the new MacBook something totally different AppleCare for your MacBook will still be available.