Applecare

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MACoconut, Oct 25, 2008.

1. MACoconut macrumors regular

is it feasible to get the applecare for my ipod touch 2G? :p:apple:

2. MacJenn macrumors regular

3. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Sweet Deal. I'll have to look for that deal. If someone finds another, please post some info here, maybe the sellers name or auction # or a link. Thanks. When I got my MB warranty on ebay for $160, the seller had several. Got my Mac Mini warranty for $99.

4. firecrasher macrumors member

firecrasher

There are definitely some cheap AppleCare plans on eBay, but are they legit?

5. MacJenn macrumors regular

Worked for me. I entered the code and it confirmed me for Applecare on my iPod touch.

6. firecrasher macrumors member

firecrasher

I suppose I'm just puzzled why people would want to sell a sealed AppleCare at a loss?

7. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Wow, yeah what's the deal with that? I didn't even think to look at ebay for applecare...

8. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

For one thing, it "is" a sealed product. I asked an apple person on the phone a year ago about buying mine on ebay. They said it was like buying anything sealed (like a piece of hardware). They said, if you go to the apple store, you get one off the shelf and buy it. Sooo, they said maybe the ebay seller bought a "clearance lot" of them from a re-seller like best buy or someone. The second one I got on ebay was said by the seller, to have a damaged box. I just got the code in an email. When I registered it I received a confirmation from apple. My warranties have been confirmed several times and several ways.