AppleCarePlan UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Charlaux, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Charlaux macrumors member

Hi,
    I'll try to explain my problem as best as I can,I bought my macbook a year ago from USA (12th July ) and also bought an AppleCare Plan UK yesterday for my macbook,because It'll be the country that I'll start live for 8 years but here was the problem,the item will be send to my friend who will be unable to give the box immediately.I had a live chat with Apple and asked If I would be able to register my macbook September,
    What they said was since I bought yesterday,I should be eligible If I show the receipt.Is this true,just wanted to confirm.
    Thanks

2. Lucas Godfrey macrumors 6502

Lucas Godfrey

this is not true. apple will only allow you to register for applecare extended warranty within the first year of purchase. regardless of when you actually bought the apple care.

I was under the impression that when you buy applecare it was basically a code you enter online so it shouldn't matter where the box is going as you should receive an email with the code once you purchase it.

3. Lunfai, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013

Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

After 12th July 2013 (Friday) you won't be able to apply the AppleCare onto the Macbook. Get your friend to open the box and tell you the code ASAP, so you can register it.

OR. maybe what they mean is that you technically did buy it before the date so that you can email them with the code and state that it arrived late with a the receipt (or screenshot) scanned, and they might apply it for you.