AppleDesign Powered Speakers

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by redrock505, Apr 15, 2009.

1. redrock505 macrumors newbie

I have the old AppleDesign Powered Speakers, model #M6082, but I need the 15V power supply. Does anybody have specs for this item or know where it can be purchased? Thanks.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Those were sweet, made by Bose IIRC.

A universale Ac adapter from Radio Shack should do the trick for you.

3. redrock505 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

In my search for info, a poster on one forum suggested the Radio Shack wouldn't be of any help, so I haven't even tried there. Thanks for the suggestion. That would be a very simple resolution if it works.

4. MacTech68, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

I have the M6082 and the AC adapter is rated 15VDC (as printed on the speakers) and is rated at 1 Amp.

A third party adapter should be fine if you can find one rated to 1Amp

:)

EDIT: the difficulty will be finding the DC Plug. Similar plugs of a lower power rating (smaller diameter centre pin) are found on older Canon bubblejet printers

This connector is a RC-5320A either a type 4 or 5. I'll see if I can find out which type.

EDIT 2: If my eyes are correct (sorry don't own a good vernier caliper) it looks like it's type 5.

EDIT 3: Here is one supplier. You may be able to find others:

http://www.laptopsockets.co.uk/dc-jack-new/dc42.htm

EDIT 4: perhaps easier (though you buy a packet of 5) is RS Components Part # 294-7024
    ________
    pot news

5. Mac SK macrumors member

Go to your local thrift store. The ones I visit have boxes of used adapters, like 50 cents or a Dollar each. You dig and see what you can find. I had some of them speakers and gave them back to the old thrift store. Good luck to ya.:)