Resolved AppleID AuthAgent promt

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by emac82, Jan 14, 2012.

1. emac82, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012

emac82 macrumors 6502

Hi!

I bought a new MBP a few weeks ago, and every time I log in I get this prompt, I click "OK" and it goes away, but I'm not sure why it comes up...If I hit "cancel" it will keep reappearing...

I tried to google it, but I can't seem to find any resolutions, so I'm hoping someone here can help...

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. emac82 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry, I forgot to change my quality settings when I was uploading the picture...I put a new one there, I can see it no problem now, are you able to ?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your Keychain stores passwords so you don't have to enter them each time. If you enter your Keychain password (most likely your admin password), then you won't keep getting that popup.

5. emac82 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have tried that before, when I enter my admin password, it "shakes"/rejects it, but if I leave it blank and it OK, it goes away until the next time I restart....

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The fact that it rejects the password means you've set a Keychain password different from your admin password. If you can't remember it:

Resetting your keychain in Mac OS X

7. emac82 thread starter macrumors 6502

I wasn't able to reset my keychain password for some reason, but I removed my admin password, and it seems the problem is solved...

Thanks for your help!