AppleID verification?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by eclipse01, Oct 5, 2015.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

So I received a random popup on my phone asking me to verify my AppleID, I put it in and it came back and said my ID has been locked and needs to be reset and my identity needs to be verified. I thought this was kind of strange but I figured the reason behind it was because Apple finally made me change my 6 digit (all number apple id password).

First question is does that sound like the reason why it locked my ID after I put my password in?

2nd question, So i have multiple devices that I have set up with my Apple ID, now that I made a newer (more complex one) will I have to update it on every device now? Or will it auto update my other devices?

2. Tech198 macrumors G4

Sound like increased security to me on Apple's part.

If its the same AppleID u use on multiple devices then no, just sign in with the complex password on all other devices..

3. venividivigor macrumors 6502

Log out of your iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime on all your devices. Shut them down, and log back in.

I remember this being an issue for me since every iPhone/iPad I upgrade too and restore from a backup from iCloud.