Apple'ish USB Flash Drive?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by The JTizzle, Nov 14, 2010.

1. The JTizzle macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Jun 14, 2009
    Lost my Sony one and need a replacement. Looking for a nice Apple aluminum styled one around 8-16 gigs, any one got any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

Sep 17, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    It would be epic if Apple made flash drives. You could choose between a glossy white one that goes with the magic mouse, apple keyboard and MacBook. Or a alu + black glass one that goes with the rest of Apple's products :)
  3. dissolve macrumors 6502a

Aug 23, 2009
  4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Sep 19, 2003
    They do make flash drives, you just have to buy a MacBook Air to get one!
  5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Oct 14, 2010

+1 for that xtreme ... I am now thinking I need one.
  6. js81 macrumors 65816

Dec 31, 2008
    I highly recommend the Lacie iamakey that was mentioned above. I have the 4GB one and have carried it for a year now. It is absolutely awesome if for no other reason than it fits PERFECTLY on my key ring. I'm a guy and I carry my keys in my pocket - I used to NEVER carry a flash drive on my key ring because those bulky plastic ones just don't fit in pockets very well. The iamakey DOES - it is solidly constructed and just works great.

I only have two beefs with it, and they're minor:

1) I lost the cap to it in literally less than 6 hours. I found it a couple weeks later in my truck, but I just decided to leave it off. I've never had any problem.

2) It isn't the fastest flash drive around. But the speeds are A-OK for everything I use it for.

I just wish the 8GB had been $29.99 when I got mine... :( My wife paid that much for my 4GB.
  7. ulbador macrumors 68000

Feb 11, 2010

Attached Files: