Apple'ish USB Flash Drive?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by The JTizzle, Nov 14, 2010.

1. The JTizzle macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Lost my Sony one and need a replacement. Looking for a nice Apple aluminum styled one around 8-16 gigs, any one got any suggestions? Thanks.

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

It would be epic if Apple made flash drives. You could choose between a glossy white one that goes with the magic mouse, apple keyboard and MacBook. Or a alu + black glass one that goes with the rest of Apple's products :)

3. dissolve macrumors 6502a

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

They do make flash drives, you just have to buy a MacBook Air to get one!

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

+1 for that xtreme ... I am now thinking I need one.
    :cool:

6. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

I highly recommend the Lacie iamakey that was mentioned above. I have the 4GB one and have carried it for a year now. It is absolutely awesome if for no other reason than it fits PERFECTLY on my key ring. I'm a guy and I carry my keys in my pocket - I used to NEVER carry a flash drive on my key ring because those bulky plastic ones just don't fit in pockets very well. The iamakey DOES - it is solidly constructed and just works great.

I only have two beefs with it, and they're minor:

1) I lost the cap to it in literally less than 6 hours. I found it a couple weeks later in my truck, but I just decided to leave it off. I've never had any problem.

2) It isn't the fastest flash drive around. But the speeds are A-OK for everything I use it for.

I just wish the 8GB had been $29.99 when I got mine... :( My wife paid that much for my 4GB.

7. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Attached Files: