Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjaguar13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
I got a Powerbook G4 from my brother in law. He said it needed a new hard drive and some other things. He's not the most technical guy, though. When I got everything working, I used the OS X Restore disc to attempt to reinstall OS X. When searching for drives, it takes a couple minutes, but finally shows the hard drive. When I click on it and click install, the progress bar doesn't move. Several minutes later, I get the kernel panic System Failure Code 00000001 corrupt stack. The first line after the loaded modules is the AppleKauaiATA.

The corrupt stack problem seems to come up with RAM issues. However, I can't get the Powerbook to boot to the hard drive. That combined with the hard drive driver issue, I am thinking the hard drive might be the problem. However, the hard drive was actually found and displayed how big it was and how much was free. So I really have no idea.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
You might want to take a look at this: Resolving Kernel Panics

I believe on your system restore disk you should be able to run some diagnostics on your hardware as well to test memory, etc.

You might want to look at that too

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.