AppleMail still screwed up after update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Phil in ocala, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Phil in ocala Suspended

Phil in ocala

Did the update for High Sierra and nothing has changed...preferences in Apple mail missing...must select...see new view to see emails.....Clearly, no one in Cupertino personally checked out this OS before they put it out.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Preferences missing? Select what? What is "see new view"?

3. Phil in ocala thread starter Suspended

Phil in ocala

--- Post Merged, Oct 17, 2017 ---
    YES...was that no clear to you? I have to use "new viewer window" to see emails and the junk folder is missing....next you will tell me..."gee I don't have any problems" well if you don't then move on, pal.

4. GerritV macrumors 65816

If I read between the lines, you already had the problem before your High Sierra update?
    Either way, what DO you see when you open Mail?

5. Phil in ocala thread starter Suspended

Phil in ocala

I see my mail boxes with emails saved with titles......this update was a big file and it seems to have done nothing for the mail issue.

6. GerritV macrumors 65816

As much as I’d like to help, I don’t understand your problem - really sorry.
    A somewhat wild guess would be to trash the Mail preferences from your user folder.

7. Phil in ocala thread starter Suspended

Phil in ocala

I am saying it did NO good. I downloaded and installed...
    I think Cupertino is more interested in creating imojis than
    sorting out their OS>

8. rhett7660 macrumors G5

rhett7660

Can you take a screen shot of what you are seeing and what you would want to see so maybe we might be able to help you with this?

9. aristobrat, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017

aristobrat macrumors G5

Hi Phil.

There were over 500 (five hundred) different threads started here on MacRumors (in the High Sierra forum) during the period where Apple let the public beta test High Sierra.

So not only did Cupertino miss this problem affecting you, so did every one of your (and my) fellow MacRumor members who beta tested High Sierra.

There are people in this thread who are actively trying to assist you. Please either work with them, or simply state that you created this thread to vent your frustration with Apple and aren't actually looking for assistance with the problem.