Applensider has spoken, and tomorrow is tuesday!

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Poki, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Poki macrumors 6502a

Poki

So, I found this article on Appleinsider.com. Nothing too special, but as it's the first "real" Mac Mini rumor article for months now, I think it's worth sharing. It basically says the Mac Mini (all models) are out of stock on many retailers - not Apple itself though.

And you know what? Tomorrow is tuesday! Once again ...

2. Dixi1801 macrumors member

I can only hope that is right lol.

And excuse my ignorance... but what does Tuesday have to do with anything?

Cheers :)

3. Poki thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poki

Yep, hope is the only thing we have left. :)

And you're not too long in the Apple universe, are you? Back then in better days Apple used to release products quietly on tuesday - and only on tuesdays. I know, I know, these times may be over, but just for the sake of nostalgia, maybe Tim gets weak.

4. comatory macrumors 6502a

comatory

Personally I think that article has zero value. It basicly says that the stock is low and that might or might not mean update. Dont read into it too much.

5. Poki thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poki

Oh, I wait since march now, I won't read too much into such an article. But it's the first article for a very long time now containing the Mac Mini, so I thought it's worth sharing.

And moreover, AppleInsider seems to have a very good track of true rumors (which may be just luck in these cases), and - as you know - a Mini update is long overdue, so we could see a new model every day now.

6. Dixi1801 macrumors member

No sir, new to the Apple universe completely! Had ipod touches and an iPhone but never anything computer wise!

And that's crazy! They should do that again! Tomorrow :p

I do enjoy reading about Apple, the strange little things about them fascinate me! Like this fact about Tuesdays, and the folder - date thing whilst you're renaming or something like that! It amuses me... ive no explanation for it :p

I've tried not to, but I'm living in hope lol!

7. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

Not happening. The article itself points out that imac has been low since July and no refreshes were made while I wish I was wrong it just what they pointed out is simply bs

8. Poki thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poki

Haven't seen the iMac as low on as many stores though. However, even if it's not tomorrow (I know it probably won't, I'm not dumb ;)), it should be in october - so pretty soon. They never release anything in november or december, so if it's not october, it will be a Haswell update.

9. Hakone macrumors 6502a

Desktops forgotten?

agreed. Although something tells me that they were aiming for a window (3Q, early 4Q) to release the updates before the school year but it didn't happen.

I think Apple's cash cow is in the mobile lineup vs the desktops, as evidence of the long refresh cycle.

My PC still works and my MBA is still solid as a rock. =)

10. theRAMman macrumors regular

stopped really caring about wether or not there will be an update. It just hit me one day that, no matter what i get, it will be better than my macbook, and overly sufficient for any conceivable needs. The only thing that would interest me would be a major redesign, or even the reintroduction of the disk drive (and the new ipod nano show that apple does go back on its decisions) well, we can only hope :3