ApplePay Compatible Confirmed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vigilant, Oct 21, 2014.

1. vigilant macrumors 6502

vigilant

Theres the places where Apple has stated to use ApplePay, but theres more then they explicitly say. Lets make a list of where it's confirmed to work outside of what we know. I was surprised when I saw an NFC reader this morning at breakfast and waved my phone by it almost as a joke but ApplePay turned on. Who else can contribute

- Taco Cabana

2. Roadrash3 macrumors newbie

It works anywhere there is a NFC reader, apple pay is just their NFC app, they make it seem confusing. I have used it at OfficeMax and 7-11 here in town. Now i am always looking for NFC readers.

3. woodynorman macrumors 6502

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

It will work with NFC readers everywhere, provide the machine works. People are confused because they think it is exclusive like initial AT&T iPhone deal but it's not for merchants. I think Apple just didn't want to advertise merchants who didn't work with them so they didn't explicitly said "it will work everywhere that has this sign even at Walmarts that didn't work with us" THAT would make it clear to everyone.
    Steve Jobs was always excellent at this it's no wonder Apple keynotes lately were a bit confusing, like :apple:Watch demo for example.

5. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Circle K
    vending machines
    Certain Walmarts
    basha's
    Carl's Jr.
    BK
    Aj's fine foods
    food city
    Jack in the Box
    Home Depot