ApplePay saved me at a restaurant

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by RobinInOR, Nov 10, 2014.

1. RobinInOR macrumors 6502

RobinInOR

Where we live in there aren't many ApplePay spots, so I was looking forward to using it on our trip to Australia.

In a restaurant on Cappuccino Row in Fremantle, ordered dinner but my card was declined. Weird because I'd been using it all day. It's a visa debit, but here you have to tell them to run it as a credit and use your debit pin. I'm used to telling people to run it as a debit so it's a little strange. But it didn't work at this particular place.

I saw the pay wave symbol flash on the screen so I asked if they supported that. They did and ApplePay worked perfectly. 'Good-o you're done now'

I've been able to use it at about 50% of the restaurants. The car park ticket machines work as well. So I'm hopeful that the U.S. will catch up to the rest of the world soon

2. CasuallyDressed macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

Bloody ticket machines. They're pretty much the only reason I need to carry around change. Some of the bigger NPCs will let you use card but all the council owned car parks still only take coins (unless you wanna 'pay by phone' which is a PITA).

This is in the UK, btw.