ApplePay

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MrkJensen, Mar 12, 2015.

1. MrkJensen macrumors newbie

Just had a very interesting experience with my ApplePay.

All was working fine with Amex, BoA and Wells Fargo a few days ago. But today standing in the supermarked wanted to pay, all cards was gone and there was absolute nothing. Wow not good as no credit card with me, my wife checked her iPhone, also 6plus, and that one was wiped for credit cards as well.

Thanks god that cash still is around.

One phone could be explained by I may have done "something" accidentally, but 2 phones with different accounts and credit cards is weird.

Are we the only one there had the experiences with credit cards deleted from their phones?

One thing is I do not trust Apple a split second on Applepay as this is just unacceptable that the cards can suddenly disappear without proper confirmations.

Are we the only once who experiences this?

2. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I used apple pay today no issues. All my cards were present.

3. FloridaGary macrumors regular

All cards present after update. It's one of the first things I check after turning off Bluetooth.

4. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

I have Wells Fargo as well, my card is always there.

I have mine on iTunes account, so even after DFU restore, once I logged in to iCloud, it's there, all I had to do was to verify.
    Do you have your card on iTunes account?

5. newellj macrumors 601

Two phones on Apple Pay, no issues since the upgrade.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Had you and your wife removed all your TouchID prints or removed your lockscreen code recently ?
    That will trigger all your Pay cards to be deleted.

7. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

The only time I have lost my cards was when I did a full reset of the device and setup as new.

8. Rhonindk, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015

Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Did any other information disappear from your Passbook?
    Have you done anything different with your iCloud account from a Mac (sign out of iCloud)? Do you and your wife share an iCloud account?

I have not had them vanish but have had a percentage of my AP transactions fail. Went back to plastic - significantly higher reliability in my case.
    Best of luck.

9. MrkJensen thread starter macrumors newbie

No we don't have a shared account and we did not change any thing "Just happened". It happened before the update so still IOS 8.2

Spoke with BoA Apple Pay service, and they confirmed they had quite a few case and AMEX also mentioned I was not alone. Of course neither BoA or AMEX could say anything except their side was up and running.

All up and running again though.

Perhaps a bit naive to put 100% faith in Apple on this one. The concept of ApplePay is brilliant, and indeed how the future will looks like. However suddenly not having credit cards on hand when you think you have them are disturbing.

One thing is for sure not leaving the house without the plastics, so after all whats the point then.

----------

The passbook was empty, luckily no seasons ticket to recover :)

----------

Correction was on IOS8.1 of course as happened before 8.2 was released. :p

10. Centaurr macrumors 6502a

Centaurr

is there something like this for android, i think security would be an issue with this pay system

11. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I will never fully trust anything on my phone or the cloud with any manufacturer. Will always have cards and cash on me. Apple Pay and LoopPay, which I have, are just toys for an old man--;)

I understand the lifestyle now and in the future is toward these things. I just can't change 6 decades of the "old" way. I always carry 1-2 hundred dollars cash anyway--:)

Either way if I tried to go cardless/cashless, I would still find a way to have one Card and a 20 stuck somewhere on me or in my vehicle--:)

12. MrkJensen thread starter macrumors newbie

One only have 5.5 decade of the old way, that could explain my youthful and reckless behaviour towards ApplePay.

However, so may things are possible with the technology so "extra cash in the socks" should not really be mandatory using ApplePay or any other payment systems for that matter:)

Nevertheless, I recommissioned my old socks and cash belt as my "Apple Care" :D

13. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

You will get there my Padawan--;)

It's all preference and I just have fun with it. Got very comfortable with LoopPay. Just a lot more places I can us it at the places I shop most. Still would prefer AP when more merchants come on line. Also, interested to see how LP does when Samsung phones have it imbedded. Not going back to Samsung though. Apple for life--:apple::apple:

14. MrkJensen thread starter macrumors newbie

Much to learn young padawan still have… :D