Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's 13.6-inch 256GB M2 MacBook Air has dropped to $949.00 today on Best Buy, down from $1,099.00. Best Buy offers free next-day shipping as well as in-store pickup for most locations, and has all four colors of Space Gray, Silver, Midnight, and Starlight at this price.

macbook-air-spacegray-purple.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This is a second-best price on the 13.6-inch 256GB M2 MacBook Air and it's been a few months since we last tracked an all-time low price on this model. MacBook Air deals in 2024 have so far been focused on the 15-inch M2 models, so if you've been waiting for a markdown on the 13.6-inch M2 computer, now is a great time to buy.

Best Buy also has the 512GB model of the 13.6-inch M2 MacBook Air on sale, available for $1,199.00, down from $1,399.00. Compared to past sales, this is a second-best price and still a solid discount on the 2022 notebook.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week.

Article Link: Apple's 13-Inch M2 MacBook Air on Sale for $949 at Best Buy ($150 Off)

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
That’s a really good price on an excellent machine. I had been waiting for the 15” MacBook Air to drop in price a bit more than it had when they announced the M3 MacBook Pro’s last fall and went ahead and bit the bullet to pick one up and although I absolutely love it there is something about the MacBook Air’s incredibly lightweight form factor that I still love! If they come out with a 15” MacBook Air with an M3 Pro chip I might have to take a good, long look at treading mine in. 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB of disk space are all that I really need but I wanted to get my hands that the new chip ASAP having two older Intel based Macs once Parallels offered an easy way to install the ARM version of Windows 11 so I could run the Windows apps I needed (including some great scripts made available on GitHub that let you download and install SQL Server 2022 Developer of Express or SQL Server 2019 Developer or Express plus the latest version of SQL Development Studio) and Cross Over matured to the point where I can run my favorite Windows based games without having to have an Intel chip either.

Reactions: delsoul

coffeemilktea

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2022
Considering the rumors of an M3 MacBook Air in March, I'm not sure this is the best time to buy, unless you really like these deals. 👀

jacox3

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2020
Odd that there no mention that it is the same price at B&H, I guess they won't have a paid sponsorship to have there deals on the home page.

Reactions: maxoakland

morphineseason

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2007
Best Buy often puts it on sale for $899 as well. That's when I got mine. They've been bouncing between $950 and $899 for prob the last five months or so.

soyazul

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2015
Argentina
My wife has an Air M1 (old design). I am tempted to buy her an Air M3 next month when it launches. She is perfectly fine and happy with her computer. Would that be a consumerist attitude or a good choice?

Reactions: delsoul

alfonsog

Contributor
Jul 17, 2002
Cape Coral, FL
I got one last year for $849 in July just because I needed something to work from Europe on when I was there all August and have only turned it on a few times since then. I only use desktops and now avp. I should probably sell it or trade in before new ones come out.

TravelsInBlue

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2020
Picked up a 15” MBA for $999 last week to use as a dinner-table Mac, and it’s such a great machine.

Was an even better deal since I got $525 from Best Buy for trading in my 13” M1 MBA.

DailySlow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2015
NOVA
Ahem. I fixed it. Clearing out the 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM inventory. Sucking up the suckers. You really need to get more RAM ($$$) and bigger SSD

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
This price should continue to be available as M3 MacBook Air is fast approaching.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.