Apple's 2-step verification in Canada?

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
Is it me or it's not working?

I started the process but then it told me that I have to wait 72hrs to continue the process but then, after 72hrs, the option vanished from my Apple ID settings page.

Anyone has a clue?

pmontanarella

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Is it me or it's not working?

I started the process but then it told me that I have to wait 72hrs to continue the process but then, after 72hrs, the option vanished from my Apple ID settings page.

Anyone has a clue?
Same problem here, we might have to wait a little longer, it seems like it is slowly being release to other countries.

Pietro

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
Same problem here, we might have to wait a little longer, it seems like it is slowly being release to other countries.

Pietro
I've received an email yesterday saying that my account has been cleared from the 3 days approval process and that I need to go complete the setup on the website. However, there are no option to continue the setup.

Really strange...

pmontanarella

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
I've received an email yesterday saying that my account has been cleared from the 3 days approval process and that I need to go complete the setup on the website. However, there are no option to continue the setup.

Really strange...
Yeah, same here. I "applied" for 2-step verification the day it was released in Canada, amongst other countries, however by the time I got "approved" for it, the option to set it up was completely gone.

I think Apple might have had some unexpected issues and has had to pull the service in Canada, at least for now.

Pietro