Apple's 2009 MacBook Pro: Battery Life to Die For

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pressure, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

AnandTech is testing the new MacBook Pro extensively to see how it compares to other generation MacBook Pro's with regards to battery life.

Needless to say, he walks away impressed with the newest iteration of the MacBook Pro.

Check it out for yourself: Apple's 2009 MacBook Pro: Battery Life to Die For.

He is getting over 8 hours on a light web surfing / music benchmark. Very impressive stuff :cool:

Discuss...

2. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

This is why I waited for this update after the 17inch came out. I am used to getting only 2.5 hours at best with my 2.16GHZ MBP, so imagine what life will be like not having to take the power chord with me everywhere!

3. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

My 13" MBP came in today, and I am seeing these kinds of results as well. Simply amazing, especially coming from my old 15" MBP that couldn't even do 2 hours on a full charge.

4. nws0291 macrumors 6502

yeah the new battery in the 15" is great. I exchanged my 15" 2.66 for the new 15" 2.8. I was surfing the web the entire NBA finals game and I still had more battery than my previous model did on a full charge. It was reporting 8hours and 10 mins to 9 hours at first. I love it.

5. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

This is great! I can barely take my laptop downstairs right now and sit on the coach without bringing the power chord along with me. The MBP would make it to half time and then hit the 30% warning. It will be so nice not to have to do that again.

6. emt1 macrumors 65816

Sorry, since you did it twice, I have to correct you.

It's "cord"

7. kap09 macrumors 6502

I've been getting over 7 hrs as well. Very very satisfied so far!

8. akm3 macrumors 68020

But Power Chords are cool too. /rock on

9. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

Did you have the brightness all the way up ? or just halfway ?

10. skelephat macrumors newbie

I am so excited to receive my MBP next week. I've had a HP Pavilion dv6000 for two years (the battery doesn't hold for more than 2 minutes, if at all) and have been dying to have a Mac for years now.

I want to get the best battery life possible for my new MBP. I've seen complaints of people getting 2-3 hours on their new ones. For those who are getting 7+ hours, did you calibrate the battery or do anything when you first got it?

Any possible tips on how to get great battery life would be amazing :p.

11. Keeval macrumors member

I calibrated my battery as it says in the manual and then used as normal. From a full charge with brightness set at around 50% and keyboard brightness set to 20% with wifi on. My 13" MacBook Pro is giving me around 8+ hours while I surf, stream music via iTunes from my iMac and mess around with iPhoto etc.

I'm very impressed with "Junior" here :)