Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aragornii

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Can I pay $9.99 not to have my News app clogged with the likes of "sites like The New York Times and the Washington Post."?

The News app is so clogged with garbage news outlets like CNN and Buzzfeed and there is absolutely no option to ignore certain news outlets on the news feed. Totally worthless app.

Wanted797

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Australia
Translation:
Fluff.
Fluff.
Emojis.
Reheated leftovers.

So nothing for professional computer users yet again.
What a surprise.

Meanwhile, my new hackintosh is working like a powerhouse dream.

Apple has almost never released Mac hardware in March....
[doublepost=1552425244][/doublepost]
jbZUQG9.jpg

iPod Hi-Fi. Look how proud.

I think he would love AirPods.

Khedron

Suspended
Sep 27, 2013
Can I pay $9.99 not to have my News app clogged with the likes of "sites like The New York Times and the Washington Post."?

The News app is so clogged with garbage news outlets like CNN and Buzzfeed and there is absolutely no option to ignore certain news outlets on the news feed. Totally worthless app.

Apple considers BuzzFeed to be a news source? :eek:

anthlis

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2016
If all this is true, I'll stick with my preferred Pocketmags subscription safe in the knowledge that Apple's magazine, news and film subscription services won't be available in New Zealand anyway.

Reactions: RandomDSdevel

brainburst1

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2016

CURIOUS WHAT YOU CONSIDER QUALITY

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
This will be the first Apple Event that I could care less about. There's no way in the world that I would ever pay any amount of money to subscribe to those fake news outlets and it will be quite sometime before Apple can compete with Netflix, so I'll probably take a nap or clean out my sock drawer on March 25.

brainburst1

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2016
A news service that allowed full direct access to a large swath of uncurated content would be worth it. If for no other reason than to avoid so many different accounts.

in terms of hardware i wish they included at least 1 mac mini with a decent graphics chipset. (at least as good as a mid level imac) If one is using a wacom 24 inch display in crowded space an iMac is not an ideal proposition.

And like so many others STILL waiting on a new MacPro.
[doublepost=1552427708][/doublepost]
This will be the first Apple Event that I could care less about. There's no way in the world that I would ever pay any amount of money to subscribe to those fake news outlets and it will be quite sometime before Apple can compete with Netflix, so I'll probably take a nap or clean out my sock drawer on March 25.
Curious what you consider non fake news outlets.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
I absolutely love these Apple Event preview stories on MR. Year after year after year.

It's a real hoot seeing so many trying to outdo each other saying how bored they are! It could only be better if one could see who has the best accompanying juvenile eye roll.

cb3

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2017
$29 for 6 socks. I think we all know how Tim would innovate that product.

$29 for 6 socks
That's entry level!

If you want the socks to actually fit its: $99 for 6 socks
$199 for 6 socks that fit and don't shrink in the wash
$299 for 6 socks that fit, don't shrink in the wash, and don't fade.
$399 for 6 socks that fit, don't shrink in the wash, don't fade, and don't require Apple branded sock garters to work. (Sock garters sold separately) (Sock garters start at $29) (colorful third party sock garters are rumored - they start at $19)

Reactions: HermanMunster

chinito77

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2015
Japan
Remember that iPhoto to photobook service?
Remember Apple Music?
Remember iBooks and the magazines you could subscribe to?

Yeah but no thanks. Apple services sound nice on paper but always flop. The only way they would beat netflix is if they had the largest movie and tv show database in the world. Also, what a missed opportunity to release a new Apple TV.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area

Of course you can ignore specific news outlets in the Apple news app, and you’ve always been able to. 1) tap on an article from that source in the feed 2) tap the name of the news outlet in the header 3) tap the heart with a line through it. The app will stop showing news from that source. I’ll send you my bill for that $9.99.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.