Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has announced their financial results for their 4th quarter 2007 (July - September 2007). The Company posted revenue of $6.22 billion and net quarterly profit of $904 million, or $1.01 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $4.84 billion and net quarterly profit of $542 million, or $.62 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter.

Apple shipped 2,164,000 Macintosh(R) computers, representing 34 percent growth over the year-ago quarter and exceeding the previous quarterly record for Mac(R) shipments by 400,000. Apple sold 10,200,000 iPods during the quarter, representing 17 percent growth over the year-ago quarter. Quarterly iPhone sales were 1,119,000, bringing cumulative fiscal 2007 sales to 1,389,000.

"We are very pleased to have generated over $24 billion in revenue and $3.5 billion in net income in fiscal 2007," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "We're looking forward to a strong December quarter as we enter the holiday season with Apple's best products ever."

"Apple ended the fiscal year with $15.4 billion in cash and no debt," said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple's CFO. "Looking ahead to the first quarter of fiscal 2008, we expect revenue of about $9.2 billion and earnings per diluted share of about $1.42."

Apple will be broadcasting their FY 07 Fourth Quarter Results Conference Call live via Quicktime beginning at 2:00pm PDT, 5:00pm EDT. We will provide highlights and a summary of the call here.

Raw Data: Apple Press Release
Reference Data: 4Q 2006 Financial Results

Article Link

jsd

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2003
Orange, CA
1,389,000 iPhones

iPhone sales still need to accelerate to make the goal. At the average rate they've been selling they'll make it to 5,500,000 or so...of course, I'm sure that sales will accelerate through Christmas given all the interest people have in my iPhone. Even my grandparents want one.

Rocksaurus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
California
$15.4 billion in cash, sitting there. Why not acquire a few games studios for some Mac exclusives and/or go for the throat with some very aggressively priced computers? Seems like now is as good a time as ever to grab some market share.

Oh sorry, I forgot who I was talking about...

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I believe most analysts were predicting 770,000 iPhones sold during the quarter. Let's see what it does to the stock price.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
iPhone sales still need to accelerate to make the goal. At the average rate they've been selling they'll make it to 5,500,000 or so...of course, I'm sure that sales will accelerate through Christmas given all the interest people have in my iPhone. Even my grandparents want one.
So far they've only sold in the USA. The next quarter sees the potential market double, with the UK, France and Germany all seeing the iPhone launch.

phillipjfry

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2006
Peace in Plainfield
I never expected iPhone sales to spike in sales. I really expect them to gradually get sold as people who didn't want to pay contract canceling fees to jump in on a phone more expensive than their contract cancellation fee. Just a thought.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005

With five more quarter before the end of 2008, they'd be closer to 7 million at the current pace. But that doesn't account for the international launches that are just around the corner. Their potential market is about to get significantly bigger, and the sales numbers will certainly reflect that going forward.

We also only had less than a month at the lower price point, and perhaps even lower-priced models are in the pipeline as well.

Edit: Or just read dynamicv's post.

mrwizardno2

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
Columbus, OH
$15.4 billion in cash, sitting there. Why not acquire a few games studios for some Mac exclusives and/or go for the throat with some very aggressively priced computers? Seems like now is as good a time as ever to grab some market share.

Oh sorry, I forgot who I was talking about...

Are you kidding? Remember what happened when they cut iPhone prices? People pissed and moaned and got their apple credit.... think what this would cause.

"The Jones's just bought a macbook pro for $400 less than we did! Oh noes!"

*giggle*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.