Apple's Android transfer app, thoughts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thatpluslife, Sep 13, 2015.

1. thatpluslife macrumors regular

thatpluslife

So during the Keynotes I remembered they announced that Apple would be releasing an android app for users switching to Apple. In the app you could transfer your photos and contacts I believe. I preorder my 6s plus and I'm coming from the galaxy s4 so I'm stoked that I don't have to some complicated process with sim cards, files, etc.

Was wondering if anyone has heard anything else about the app or has heard about a release date?

Can't wait to rejoin the iPhone family!

2. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

My brother is just like you. He also preordered a 6s+ and is coming from a Galaxy S4. He's gone from Blackberry, to Samsung, now to Apple. I don't know anything about the transfer app, but I'd also like to hear what others know so that I can relay the info to him.

3. CodeSpyder macrumors 6502a

CodeSpyder

I think that Apple will gain more iPhone users.

4. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

I agree, it's a genius move. I think it's a bold F you to android. It will especially be good for the older generation that may have an android device and think it's too technically challenging to move to iPhone.

5. thatpluslife thread starter macrumors regular

thatpluslife

exactly! when I went from the iPhone 4 to the galaxy the transferring of info was a pain to do. I'm a photographer and used my 4 for a lot of picture taking so I had most of my memory of just photos. Well, it basically took an hour and a half to transfer all of this to the galaxy. They lugged around a machine that they connected to the compute to do all of the transfer it was just a hassle to do. I'm hoping that this app will make it easier to do all the transferring stuff.