Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's annual shareholders meeting is set to take place Friday, March 10 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time, according to an SEC filing released today.

Apple-Logo-Cash-Feature-Mint.jpg

Those who want to attend, vote, and submit questions during the annual meeting can visit the virtual meeting website and enter a control number included in the Notice of Internet Availability of Proxy Materials provided to shareholders. Apple states online access will open approximately 15 minutes before the start of the meeting, but questions can be submitted in advance through Thursday, March 9 at 8:59 p.m. Pacific Time. Voting is open to shareholders of record at the close of business on January 9, 2023.

Items of business will include voting to re-elect the Board of Directors, ratifying Ernst & Young LLP as Apple's public accounting firm, approving executive compensation, voting on shareholder proposals, and more.

Apple's shareholders meetings are typically not very interesting to the public, as the company's executives often give vague answers and avoid discussing future products. However, the meetings can occasionally reveal a few interesting tidbits. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, the meetings were held in person at Steve Jobs Theater.

Article Link: Apple's Annual Shareholders Meeting to Take Place Virtually on March 10

Last edited:

vegetassj4

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2014
Wow, it goes even deeper:

So, when I go to the Apple store I can use the AR of my iPhone to shop for AR goggles to see my avatar in the Apple store looking at my iPhone in AR which is shopping for AR goggles which is displaying my AR iPhone, which is displaying my AR goggles which allow me to VR attend the shareholders meeting, that is talking abot the release date of my AR goggles, which are looking at the AR iPhone that my avatar is holding that is displaying the AR goggles, which I'm using to attend the VR shareholders meeting? lim𝑥→±∞𝑓(𝑥)=lim𝑥→±∞𝑎𝑛𝑥𝑛

turtles-all-the-way-down-sam-hollingsworth.jpeg

triton100

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2010
The moon

So, when I go to the Apple store I can use the AR of my iPhone to shop for AR goggles to see my avatar in the Apple store looking at my iPhone in AR which is shopping for AR goggles which is displaying my AR iPhone, which is displaying my AR goggles which allow me to VR attend the shareholders meeting, that is talking abot the release date of my AR goggles, which are looking at the AR iPhone that my avatar is holding that is displaying the AR goggles, which I'm using to attend the VR shareholders meeting? lim𝑥→±∞𝑓(𝑥)=lim𝑥→±∞𝑎𝑛𝑥𝑛

View attachment 2141167

Someone’s being on the ol’ mushrooms again

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
Apple's shareholders meetings are typically not very interesting to the public, as the company's executives often give vague answers and avoid discussing future products. However, the meetings can occasionally reveal a few interesting tidbits.
I was wondering about this. Yeah, as a genuine question, was going to ask why the rest of us would care.

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2022

View attachment 2141167
I like turtles…

TracesOfArsenic

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2018
Let's all pat each other on the back and speak about how we're making good money and the products are great and we don't need to do anything new.

TimHalfCooked

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2021
Shareholders will love this. Innovation is expensive so by not innovating Tim is saving tonnes of money while the Apple customers keep buying the products anyway. He actually deserves more credit.
As a shareholder, I am grateful for Tim's ability to sell the same product for 5 years in a row. Once he builds up enough courage to keep the same generation chip for multiple years Apple will become unstoppable.

ticzon

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2010
Again, another disappointment with no in person meeting. I'll wait for another year.

TracesOfArsenic

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2018
See my post above.
Those are crazy numbers! I wonder what they actually researched: How to make a new iPhone from old parts? How to create software features that make people believe they're only possible via new hardware? How to make a vapourware Qi charger disappear from public records? That's about all I've seen come of that money.

• Haha
Reactions: TimHalfCooked

citysnaps

Suspended
Oct 10, 2011
Those are crazy numbers! I wonder what they actually researched: How to make a new iPhone from old parts? How to create software features that make people believe they're only possible via new hardware? How to make a vapourware Qi charger disappear from public records? That's about all I've seen come of that money.

I would have thought you could do better than that. Though I expect that's intentionally agenda driven.

OK, you win. Apple wasted $26 Billion doing nothing. No advanced future chip development, no AR device R&D and AR apps development, no software updates for current and future MacOS and iOS releases, no new app development, no novel algorithm development for a variety of applications, nothing invested on Apple's car, no development for upcoming HomePods, and no other advanced R&D for future/upcoming devices in the works.

"That's about all I've seen come of that money."

You may not be aware that tech companies generally do not publicize future/upcoming/unreleased products for competitive reasons, and, that such product developments are funded with R&D dollars.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.