Apple's App Store subscription policy

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by redsand75, Sep 22, 2011.

1. redsand75 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,
    I am new to this forum and have a question regarding Apple's latest App store subscription policy changes.

The business model of my company is as follows:
    I am selling a service to my clients (outside the app store), and my clients refer their customers to the app store to download my app (for free).
    My app would be available for everyone for download, but only the customers of my clients would have the username/password to login and use the app.

Is this a violation of App Store terms and conditions and my app is about to be rejected because I am selling my service outside the app store?

Thanks in advance,
    D.

2. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

My understanding is you must offer the same services in your app as you do outside of your app. Maybe I am wrong though (not a developer, just what I "thought" the rules are).

3. redsand75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Beaverman3001 but here is the catch:
    The service that I'm offering to my clients is basically the ability to let their customers to download and use my app (protected by username/password). So the customers should download the app for free from App Store, and my clients should pay me directly (not through App Store) for the service.