Apple's Apple Care Plan - How Great Is It?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by rs14smith, Dec 15, 2009.

1. rs14smith macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I've never been on Apple's Apple Care plan, but I know what it covers, however, I'm just wondering what a Apple retailer store will do if I bring in my computer if something is wrong with it?

Will they like try to fix it there, give me a replacement, or send it off to get it repaired? I know it probably varies on what the problem is, but just curious of what type of problems you guys may have had in the past and had the apple care plan and took it to a local Apple store retailer, and what exactly did they do?

Thanks, I'll probably ask someone today at the apple store when I go to give me a little more insight on it.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It can be anything from total replacement [rare] to offering in-store repair for a couple days to sending it back to a repair center to no repair at all. I had a faulty SuperDrive that they were going to keep for a week or so to repair, so I just went to an authorized repair shop and got it fixed in 20 minutes.

3. rs14smith thread starter macrumors regular

So did you have to pay that authorized shop, or did your apple care plan cover it?

4. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

If the shop is authorised, AppleCare would cover it.

5. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

It's good, as long as you don't smoke near your computer, drop it, scratch it, or use it. Otherwise Applecare will look for reasons to not honor the warranty. While they may technically be correct, they are the most nitpicky warranty team I have ever dealt with, and leave me feeling as though I was ripped off.

Granted I've had a reoccurring issue for the past year that they were alright dealing with, but only after I convinced them that a broken LED is an issue.