Apples Batttery Charger and Mac Office

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iMackPro, Apr 6, 2011.

1. iMackPro macrumors 6502

Okay so im here to vent about a few purchases i made today from the apple store.

1) I bought this rechargable batter adapter from Apple today and it was 30$. Kind of high but i figured i wouldnt get much cheaper anywhere else seeing as how it comes with 6 rechargeable batteries. My complaint about this is that the while it comes with 6 batteries it only charges TWO at a time! how stupid is that?! I fully intended on it charging 4 at a time while i was using the other two. The only reason i bought this is because i have a 15" that i use as a desktop 70% of the time and its hooked up to my tv and i use a wireless trackpad and keyboard. Both use 2 batteries so i thought id never have to worry about another dead battery again! Well it looks like this isnt the case and so now i will only be able to use two fully charged batteries instead of 4. Very very aggrivating. Although i doubt the two devices will die at the same time, with my luck they probably will.

2) When i acquired Office '11 I was NEVER told that since its Microsoft software this will enable my computer to more prone to PC viruses. I didnt even think about this (shame on me) can anyone validate this? Is this true or is it something that was just made up out of thin air?

Thirdly, i Purchased the Moshi MD->HDMI adapter with audio passthrough, and it says its capable of resolutions up to full HD (1080p) Can i handle resolutions higher than that? Like the ACD or other really high resolutions?

Sorry abou the long post i just really needed to vent/question the long loyal Mac users about somethings. Any help would be greatly appreciated/applied to my situation! Thanks again! I hope all of you Mac users out there are fully enjoying your new 2011 Notebooks as much as i am. Even though i did just kind of bash apple in a sense i do love my notebook more than any purchase i have made in a long time!

Have a great day - iMackPro.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

1. I believe it shows only two batteries on the charger on the box pic. Don't think you can complain too much about that.

2. Just because it's MS software, doesn't mean you can get a Windows virus. It's Mac software simply made by MS.

3. That adapter will only carry 1080p, as I believe that is the limit of the HDMI interface, or at least most HDMI devices. The ACD would plug directly into your computer and would work fine at its native res. Other high res displays would simply require a different adapter.

3. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

And that's why they give you three sets of 2, so that you can keep a charged set around for when a device runs flat. They're not going to both run flat at same time.

4. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

Whoever told you that, it would be in your best interest to never ask for their opinion regarding technology again. Unless you're installing Office in Windows, your Mac will not be more prone to pc viruses.

5. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Actually, this makes me suddenly curious...

If I Boot Camp Windows on my Mac, do I risk getting PC viruses?

6. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

yes, of course you do. You're running windows, theres nothing magical about it.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You were never told that, because it's not true. Windows applications, including malware, cannot run in native Mac OS X. MS Office 11 is a Mac application suite.
    If you run Windows on your Mac, it's no different than running Windows on any other computer.

There has never been a virus in the wild that runs on Mac OS X. The handful of trojans that exist can be easily avoided with some education and common sense and care in what software you install:

8. MacCrackAddict macrumors member

as everyone else said, you're still on a mac, what d-head told you this? lol. when you install any piece of software that wasn't made by apple, you don't crap yourself and expect a virus to show it's ugly face! same for this :)

9. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Return the charger if you require something different.

Return the adapter and buy it from monoprice.com for $6.40.

And while you're at monoprice, buy a MD to DVI for higher resolutions on an external monitor.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You're not going to get a virus if you careful browsing online (this in Windows and OS X).

My first Apple rechargeable battery kit was defective and didn't even charge. They replaced it and now mine has been working for almost a year now.

11. iMackPro thread starter macrumors 6502

funny enough, an apple employee told me this today, he said since its M$ software, its prone to M$ viruses, i had little know about the subject so it made since to me. I just wanted to hear from the know-alls in the forums! Sounds like im A-Okay! hopefully..

how would i be online with office or excel?

12. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

The Batteries that Apple uses are rebranded Eneloops by Sanyo... Great batteries but you can probably find it for cheaper... you can also buy ANY charger you can buy now for new... they are all the same. I use my 4 battery Sony to charge my Eneloops that I use on my keyboard/mouse/xbox controllers etc.

13. iMackPro thread starter macrumors 6502

where'd you buy it and how much was it?

14. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro